Saturday, December 13, 2008

Easy Christmas Cheer

McClendon has now learned what it means to "ask" for something for Christmas, which stresses me out a little more than it should. Okay, a lot more than it should. Things he has "needed" in the past week or so include an airplane from the airport, Cheetah Girls (the actual girls to cheer him on as he plays soccer), a Star Wars light saber and an Elmo Live character (which he no longer watches but informed me we could get one at Wal-Mart). None of which will be under the tree on Christmas and he doesn't play soccer.

However, I've decided that all we really needed to get him was a copy of The Polar Express and a new pair of pajamas. They seem to be the highlight of his day several times recently. Just thought I'd share a pic so you can see just how fine the boy feels in his new pj's. Maybe his contentment will rub off on his mommy one of these days.

3 comments:

Kelli Archer said...

Too cute! I agree that is very SCARY when they learn to ask for something. I miss you...call me!

Chris and Carolee said...

He is so grown up and cute. It makes me sad that time and go by that fast. I am so glad that you guys are doing well and congrats on your new little one.

Organized Chaos said...

I LOL with the Cheetah Girls comment. How old is he?! They often seem older than they are, don't they? Yikes!

Thanks for your comment on my post about my Papa, BTW. We so appreciate the prayers, especially for my Nanny.

Hope you're feeling good! Saw you in the hall yesterday and you looked radiant! Go, Mommy!