Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Loving What's To Come

So, I'm at the point that I think most of my friends have experienced where I'm wondering what in the world we were thinking when we decided to have another child. How in the world will we love someone as much as we do McClendon? How will we fit time in with both of them? Will we still be good parents to him when she comes along? And, finally...how did he grow up so much so fast? As I watch him climb in and out of the car and buckle himself in, wash his hands with little help, say "thank you" without prompting, and remember to ask me almost everyday how my day was; I wonder how in the world this happened with one blink.


However, I was reminded a few nights ago that even though he's getting so big, becoming so independent and thinks he very rarely needs me to help with anything...he's still such a small little blessing that could never be anyone but my sweet baby boy. He's not so grown up after all.


4 comments:

Kelli Archer said...

Okay, so you made me cry! Your "big boy" will always be your "baby boy"....even when his little sister comes along. McClendon is so precious and I am so glad he is Grayson AND Presley's buddy!

Anonymous said...

Man, that makes me miss you guys so much. I love his hair in the picture! Give him a big from me.
Sarah

The Berridges said...

Thank you for your sweet words. It means a lot! I hope that we can see more of each other...especially when that baby girl arrives. I'll have to come to your house to get my girl fill! Thanks again..love ya! ~Beth

Lee said...

Wow! Time sure does fly! McClendon is getting so big. Your lives will be overwhelmed with blessings with baby Kendal! I can't wait to meet her.
Lee