Friday, June 12, 2009

It's already started....

When I was pregnant and we found out it was going to be a little girl, Matt's response was, "I'm so glad we're having a girl. You need someone on your side." I let him know then that I knew I still wasn't going to have anyone on my side, that I was just going to have a daddy's boy and a daddy's little girl. He was sure that this wouldn't be the case.

He was gone Tues, Wed and Thurs of this week and I felt like I did a pretty decent job of managing both kids (nightly wake-up calls included) and thought of it as more bonding time with me and both of them. McClendon makes it pretty clear and has for quite some time that his favorite parent is Daddy. However, I thought this week that maybe...just maybe I was going to win Kendal over.

Then.....Daddy came home.

Matt kept telling me this morning what a great mood she was in (since I got up late and just had diaper and clothing duty while he fed and played). So, I got my phone out ready to capture the sweet smiles we see so often. I talked and laughed, even sang a little to her.

This was the look I got.

So, I called Matt in to show him the pic. He laughed and then said something to her like, "where's Daddy's little Kendal bug?" and this was the look he got.






So much for having someone on my side.

5 comments:

Kim Jones said...

That first picture looks JUST like you! Ha!

Kelli Archer said...

I am so cracking up at this post! I know exactly how you feel. Since our kids are so fond of their Daddys, lets go hang out while the Daddy's do the babysitting!

Matt and Rebekah said...

I'm in. Name the time and place. LOL

Casanova Family said...

This is so funny! She is just precious. Love her expressions!

Lee said...

This is soooo funny! Maybe there is still a chance that she'll come around so you will have an equal chance. :)