Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Alex


Today I learned something new about McClendon's world. I learned about his friend Alex. We were walking out of Rosa's and he said, "You know Alex can go to Memaw Trudy's (day care) with me?" I asked him, "Who is Alex?" His response? "E.K.E.Y.A...Alex." Apparently this is the proper spelling of his friend's name. I asked if Alex was "one of his boys" (remember? the ones who go watch him play soccer at his soccer games?) and in a very manly voice he replied, "yeah." Upon further prompting I learned that Alex talks to McClendon, can play cars with McClendon, he can play baseball with McClendon, goes to the same school as McClendon and that he's nice. I asked McClendon if he can see Alex and he told me yes but followed promptly with, "No, but I can just play with him." So, my next question of course was if Alex was imaginary. McClendon assured me that he was not.....that he was just a play friend. And that it was okay because Alex is a good guy not a bad guy. Hmmm. Good to know.

3 comments:

Kelli Archer said...

Oh that makes me smile! How precious! Love that boy!

Brigitte said...

He's so smart! I love how he talks and miss hearing that "manly" little voice. Give him hugs from us!

Lee said...

How funny. Good to know that he has a good friend! Love the pic, by the way.