Monday, August 31, 2009

First of Many

Well, today was our first First Day of School. McClendon did great. He was up about 6:40 this morning excited and ready to get dressed. He looked like a handsome little turtle with his HUGE backpack. He wore it around the house from the time he got dressed until we left the house. Right before we left he asked, "Is it my birthday today?" I said, "No, does it feel like your birthday?" He laughed and said, "Yes." It put my heart at ease to know he was that excited about his big day. Here he is all dressed and ready to go.
Here is a picture of him and his daddy outside the school. Have you ever seen two better looking guys? Ok, I'm sure most of you think you have, but I will have to disagree.
And last, but certainly not least....Kendal was excited for her big brother's first day of preschool too. She could hardly contain herself!

5 comments:

Brigitte said...

Love me some McClendon with his hair all spiked-up and his manly black eye! So glad school went well!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love the black eye. It will make some great memories when he gets bigger! Miss you guys. Give everyone hugs from us.

The Barnes Bunch said...

I am so glad McClendon was so excited about PDO! I wish he were coming to my PDO so I could see him everday! The black eye is hilarious. If it makes you feel better, Connor ran into a wall at school on Monday and we had to take him to the er and get four stitches! Boys will be boys!!

Lee said...

He looks so excited!! Glad he had a great day!

The Berridges said...

Glad he had a good first week. He played the tambourine for me in music!