Thursday, August 27, 2009

How we roll....

What an exciting time this is for us. Mc Clendon starts preschool on Monday so tonight we get to meet his teacher. We've really been talking it up and he looks at the postcard they sent at least once a day. He's getting so big and doesn't pass up a chance to let us know just how big he is. However, from time to time he still needs us to pick him up, dust him off and let him know that everything is going to be okay.

For example, last night he was "helping" his dad get some things out of storage for the garage sale we're having this weekend and came in the house in his daddy's arms crying. Because he's 3, I of course had the look on my face that questioned, "what now?" Matt's response was..."He got hurt. It's actually pretty bad." Then McClendon looked up and showed me what happened when "the wood fell on me."

My first thought? Oh good, I can't wait to meet his teacher tomorrow night. Here is how we will be showing up to preschool at Calvary tonight to meet his sweet new teacher.






Nice, huh? These are his mean faces. He thinks he's real tough now that all the tears are gone and the tylenol is working. We watched him run into the living room this morning to tell Kendal as she was sitting in her little lounge seat, "Kendal, did you know I have a black eye? It's because I'm a boxer!" Followed by punching the air. Boys. Apparently, this is just how we roll.

I'm just glad that I at least know a couple of the teachers at Calvary so that maybe any abuse allegations won't be filed officially.

3 comments:

The Berridges said...

Mrs. Weathers has 2 boys. She will love him, black eye and all!

Kelli Archer said...

I can just see him acting like a boxer! All the little boys will be jealous of his black eye! Even when he tries, he is too cute to look mean!

ashley said...

too funny! we were there last night too! it seems everyone we know takes their kids there...